You my sweet one are a wild one with such a sweet sweet heart. The way your eyes light up when you meet my gaze, or the sheer joy and wiggles you get when Daddy walks in the door after a long week away- it all melts my heart like butter. I find myself scooping my heart up off the floor multiple times a day.
You are fierce. You are stubborn. You are hilarious, handsome, you are strong willed and so spirited. You’ve kept me on my toes with your nap strikes, your nursing strikes, your restlessness and your desire to snuggle for hours! This momma heart has expanded far beyond my expectations and each day makes more room for love.
God has great big things planned for you. I have a feeling it will be in leadership or entertainment, perhaps you’ll even have the gift of healing. I’m not sure- but I can promise you, I’m on my face frequently asking that our God helps me mold you into the child, the man you’re meant to be for His Glory!
You’ve wrecked me and I love you with every inch of my being.
- Bath time
- Being tickled
- Playing peek-a-boo
- Strangers holding him or getting too close to his face on occasion
- Loud noises that he cannot locate or see how/why the noise is being made
- Getting out of the bath
- Mildly protests wardroom changes
- Sitting unassisted for decent lengths of time. Still falls over on occasion.
- Showing interest in attempting hands and knees position for crawling.
- Rolls successfully everywhere and any way.
- Talks non-stop
- Transferring items from one hand to the other and fascinated at how he did it haha!
- 28 inches long
- Wears mostly 9m and 9-12m clothing
We’re getting ready to dive into solids for reals! Which means I’ve completely given up on introducing bottles and we’ve now moved on to sippy cups. He is showing a tremendous improvement in the sleep department, thank you Jesus! We couldn’t be more thrilled with a happy, healthy, thriving little boy 💙
On another note:
We’re still renovating a room in our house. It’s great. However, the project just got bigger.
- Adding hardwood/laminate flooring to the main level and new tv/playroom (originally we planned on carpeting only the ONE new room)
- Painting brick fireplace and current living room because well, why not paint when the room is emptied for demo.
Top- before Bottom- after/during
So- basically everything is on hold because……… The husband is still working away. Start of week 9 (!!!!!!) that he’s been working in another city 2.5+ hours away (which isn’t tooooo bad). We say goodbye Monday mornings and say Hello on Thursday nights. It could be worse. But, it could definitely be better. However, this job is what’s allowing me to stay home AND for us to make improvements on our home. It’s a blessing in the long run.
Can’t wait for all the before and after pics of all the finished projects! Everything will be continued and finished once he returns home for good! Hopefully mid March!